jeudi 7 juillet 2016

ajax call does not make it to success function


I have an issue where I am simply trying to make an ajax call to an xml file that is in the parent folder of my js file. I was led to believe the issue was my URL.

When the url was "../a2.xml" I would get an error of being unable to load resource. I then changed it to "a2.xml" and this does not give me that same error yet the call still does not reach the success function.

jquery code:

$(document).ready(function(event)
{
   console.log("Before ajax call.");
   $.ajax
   ({
      url:'a2.xml',
      type:'GET',
      dataType:'xml',
      success: function(data)
      {
          console.log("Success");
          //var varxmldoc = data
          //var name = $(xmldoc).find('studentName').text();
          //body = '<h1>'+name+'</h1><hr>';

          //$(body).appendTo('div');
      }
   });
});

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire