dimanche 3 juillet 2016

How to display saved custom value in Editable Select in MVC Asp.net using JQuery Editable Select plugin?


I am using MVC5, Razor and C#

I have a traditional MVC dropdownlist.

   @Html.DropDownListFor(model => model.Car, (SelectList)ViewBag.CarSelectList, " -- Please Select --")

I want convert this into an editable dropdown, which I have done using the JQuery Editable Select plugin, see: JQuery Editable Select WebPage using:

$(function () {
    $("#Car").editableSelect();
});

This all works fine. However when I type in a custom car that is not in the SelectList, it gets saved away, but when I refresh the edit page, the dropdown does not show the custom car ie "KitCar1". I suspect this is to do with the fact that this "KitCar1" is not in the select list and therefore cannot be matched. However how can I display "KitCar1" in the editable drop when I redisplay the page.

The only idea I have had is to show "Model.Car" in a seperate read-only "div" which works, but its is not a great solution.

Thoughts appreciated.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire