vendredi 10 juin 2016

Unable to use Pillow (not a valid WIN32 error)


I am having a problem with running pillow for python 3.4.2.

I tried installing Pillow using 3 different files:
Pillow-3.2.0.win-amd64-py3.4.exe, Pillow-3.2.0-cp34-cp34m-win_amd64.whl, Pillow-3.2.0-cp34-none-win_amd64.whl.

Every time I try to import Image or tkimage I get the not a valid win32 error in shell. Also, the 2 wheel files said they were incompatible with my system when using pip to install so I had to extract the data and place manually.

I am running windows 10 64bit but when I request what platform I'm running with python it says windows 8! In my system info from control panel it says the correct information though.

Please help if anyone knows the solution!

Thanks for the fast replies!

Solved: I finally figured it out! I had a 32 bit and a 64 bit version of python installed. I had pillow installed to my 32 bit directory, so when python ran from 32 bit was why I got the win32 error. And when I ran python 64bit it said module not found. Uninstalled both and reinstalled the 64 bit to the normal install direc in C, reinstalled 64 bit pillow and it worked!

After updating pip it was able to read the wheel files.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire